Employment Opportunities at The Little French School
Updated 7/15/14: LFS is seeking at least two French-speaking assistant teachers to join our team for part-time work during the 2014-2015 school year.
Start date: Orientation will take place in mid-late August and the school year will begin on September 3, 2014. Please be prepared to commit to at least one academic year (through mid-June). Opportunities may be available to continue work in summer or for future years if the fit is right and hours are available.
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience working with young children
- Ability to pass a background check
- Willing to obtain certification in first aid/CPR, food handling, and child abuse/neglect
- Conversational French speaker
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- At least one year experience with children ages 3-6 -AND/OR-
- Coursework in early childhood education or a related field -AND-
- French fluency
- Clean driving record/willingness to train as a substitute shuttle driver
Assistant teachers are primarily responsible for supporting teachers in the preparation and execution of classroom activities designed to promote the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of children in our preschool and school-age programs. They help to welcome children to the classroom, engage them in activities, facilitate transitions throughout the day, and guide them in appropriate play and social interactions in accordance with teacher and school policy. Please be comfortable working in tandem with other staff or independently as needed.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest by email to email@example.com. Please indicate your availability and schedule needs/preferences.